So we're at the 5 month mark, and I thought it would be a good time to look back on what we have achieved so far. Although it looks worse than we started (that happens right?!) we feel like we are making progress. We started with cleaning and clearing the land (which is still going to this day) and then put a master plan in place to re-fence all the paddocks and boundaries. We have planted around 500-600 plants and trees (and by we, I mean Michael).
Inside, we have pulled out walls, pulled off cracked and damp render and had it re-rendered, pulled up carpet, taken down wallpaper, re-wrired the house and are in the process of re-plumbing the house so we can have decent water pressure! I have designed the next stage of the renovations which will start with the master bathroom, then move onto the main kitchen, laundry, downstairs bathroom and also the family wing bathroom. Then we will move onto the 2 guesthouses.
Painting will start in the next 2 weeks which will be nice to see a big visual change to the outside of the house. Then we will paint the interior bedrooms and main lounge room before moving into the dining and office rooms.
So we're getting there slowly but surely and hopefully before Christmas we will have some pretty pics to show you...